Keeping Warm in Winter
Keeping Warmer in Winter
Its getting harder these days with electricity going up constantly and as Aussies we not accustomed to the cold climate like our Northern Hemisphere neighbours. So here are a few tips to keep warmer during winter and to help reduce your energy bill;
1. First lets start with your air conditioner thermostat, in winter lets keep the temperature down, we recommend around 20 degrees, or lower if you are stronger than us! Every 2 degrees less can save you $150 per year, so it all adds up!
2. If your air conditioner has a timer, set is so that it will turn off if you don't need it.
3. Wear warmer clothes, or an extra blanket and put some thicker socks on
4. Close room doors you don't want heated and save $60 a year on energy.
5. Seal Draughts and gaps around doors and windows and save $40 a year on energy.
6. At night close your curtains and blinds, but let the sun shine in during the day to welcome wanted heat.
7. If you have an unused fire place, block it off to prevent draughts coming down, Leave a gap for Santa though!
8. Insulation is a great year rounder and investment for your house, this will reduce the need to spend energy you don't need to. Especially in your ceiling this can save you $350 a year on energy.
Did you know that up to 35% of your homes heat can escape through your doors, windows, walls, floors and ceilings.
Useful InformationEnergy Saving Tips Preventative Maintenance Product Manuals & Brochures Frequently Asked Questions Brands Keeping Warm in Winter
Jays Airconditioning invite you to give us a call or to email us using the link below.
Quotes: (02) 9820 4500
Service / Repair: 0418 205 295